Working Hours Online

Former Home Business Magazine, now featuring Internet Marketing Bugle content by way of product reviews, updates and business blueprints.

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

This message from Dave Bromley:

Dear Martyn,
I am sending this e-mail out to you to warn of a new scam that I came across today. When I checked my e-mails this morning there was one supposedly from Paypal confirming a subscription payment for $39.

I pay for several services, web hosting and site memberships through Paypal but this was supposedly a payment to some kind of spyware company in Germany. There was a button below which you needed to click on if you felt this payment was an error.
When you click on the button another very genuine Paypal type of page appears and asks you to sign in with your e-mail address and password.

This was when the alarm bells began to ring and I went back to my Paypal account and checked if such a payment had in fact been made. There was no mention of any such payment so this was obviously another attempt to collect my Paypal password.

I know there are a lot of various spoof e-mails about and I like to think that I am pretty sharp in spotting them but this one was so clever it almost got under my guard. Be on the look out for anything similar in your e-mail and if you get one forward it straight away to spoof@paypal.co.uk

Regards
Dave

Ezeeweb Solutions Limited

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home